Some great podcasts covering topics related to software development:
- Ruby Rogues - The topics covered by this show are fairly broad and are applicable even if you are not a Ruby or even a web developer. For example, a recent episode discussed how to learn new skills as a developer. Conversational format; new episodes weekly.
- Coder Radio - Topics tend to be fairly non-technical and mainly revolve around recent news, mobile development and contracting. Conversational format; new episodes weekly.
- Hanselminutes - Scott Hanselman (well known Microsoft developer) interviews other developers in this podcast that covers a wide variety of topics. Interview format; new episodes weekly.
- FLOSS Weekly - Each episode focuses on a single open source project. The majority of each episode consists of an interview with a programmer or lead associated with the project. Interview format; new episodes weekly.
- Programming Throwdown - Each episode covers a single topic such as a specific programming language or technology. The discussion is kept fairly high-level and provides a good overview of the topic. Conversational format; new episodes monthly.